Thursday, May 26, 2011

ACTION without ego: this -is surrender!

{Shri Buddha} So He's the one who is on the right side placed, going to the left side. He's the one who has said that "You have to be desireless," on the right side. What a contrast! Specially in the West, I've seen people do little bit "Huh!" -  What have they done? - "I lifted that spoon." And with the spoon they sit down.  - And they are surprised to see Me that I'm not tired.
But I don't do anything. I mean, I have no desires.
Actually I never do anything; I'm just Nishkriya, I'm just doing nothing.
So, when you become that instrument, surrendered instrument,
when you know you are not doing anything whatsoever,
then on the right side you achieve mastery. 
How you achieve mastery?
You don't do anything, all right?
You go to any shop and you get a jackpot, without doing anything.
You do not desire anything and suddenly you find, which you have never ever thought of is before you, there, sits there, available for you, just have it.
So, with the desire to achieve something, when you work out, it also has a reaction. Every action has a reaction. But  action without desire  cannot have reaction because there's no desire already.
(...) But once you are without ego  - means you have surrendered yourself-    no one can cheat you. Can you understand that? No one can cheat you because there is some higher force, which is looking after you.
This is the way we should understand Buddha. This is ... we should know our Buddha qualities.
This is how our ego can be dissolved. When you say, "Mother, we surrender to You"
That just means that you give that horrible ego a complete holiday, it means that.
That is how this ego disappears.
I think all your, your... just now, your Agnyas are opened out, most of you, somehow. And then you'll laugh at everything; you'll make fun of yourself; just enjoy everything. 
  • 1991-08/04: Shri Buddha Puja, Deinze, Belgium
My comment: To surrender does not mean firstly "to surrender actions or responsibilities". First is to surrender this ego, means the idea that there is an "I" that acts, and enjoys the results. Once this "I-ness", this "dropness" (as distinct from the Ocean), disappears,  then action is fruitful, because a "higher force" is allowed to look after us. Shri Mataji has travelled and worked so much, and She stresses the point that She is not tired, because there is no "I" that could have any desire. But,yes, a tremendous compassion to give Realization. But this is another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment